Illness prevention: if you are coughing or sneezing and you feel sick, stay home.
4450 Roseville Road
North Highlands, CA 95660
View us on Google Maps
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day
Residents can drop off common household hazardous waste at the North Area Recovery Station Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility free of charge.
Business/Commercial Fees & Payments:
Businesses who qualify as a Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQGs) must make an appointment in advance by calling (916) 876-9458 and may pay for the disposal fees using cash, credit cards, or checks. Businesses may also apply for an account with Sacramento County by contacting Sacramento County's Consolidated Utilities Billing and Service (CUBS) at (916) 875-5555. For more information regarding services provided to businesses, visit our Business and Commercial web page.
Review the Household Hazardous Waste Regional Drop-Off Facilities brochure (Spanish) that lists types of materials that are acceptable or unacceptable for the North Area Recovery Station Household Hazardous Waste Facility. For more information on waste acceptability.
Note: Maximum load limit is 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per trip.
Preparing your items:
- Keep products in original containers if possible.
- Label materials that are not in original containers.
- Do not mix products.
- Make sure lids are tightly sealed.
- Place leaking containers in a larger, plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Secure products upright in cardboard box so that they do not tip over in transport.
- Transport products in the back of a pickup truck or in a car trunk. Ensure adequate ventilation.
Keep flammables out of direct sunlight and away from sources of heat, spark, flame, or ignition. Do not smoke on any County property.