The Department of Waste Management & Recycling (DWMR) manages the operations, maintenance, and development of the solid waste management system within unincorporated Sacramento County, which includes:
- Residential curbside collection services for garbage, recycling, organics, used oil/filters and bulky waste pickup to households in the unincorporated areas.
- Transfer and disposal services for residential, commercial, and self-haul customers at its North Area Recovery Station and Kiefer Landfill and drop-off facilities for household hazardous waste.
- Regulation of commercial solid waste and recycling requirements for businesses/commercial and multifamily properties.
Our vision is to be an exceptional organization:
- Motivated to provide services that promote a clean and healthy environment for Sacramento County residents;
- Where every employee is valued; and
- To be recognized as the premier provider of waste management and recycling services.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life in the unincorporated areas of Sacramento County by providing:
- Solid waste management and recycling programs in a fiscally responsible manner;
- Public and employee health and safety;
- Stewardship of our natural resources and environment;
- Consumer protection; and
- Outstanding customer service.
Our Internal Culture:
Our Seven Guiding Principles are the core values of the department's culture.
- Commitment to Health, Safety, and Well-being
- Responsible and Transparent Fiscal Management
- Employee Development
- Environmental Stewardship
- Dedicated Teamwork
- Operational Effectiveness
- Outstanding Customer Service
These seven principles provide the standards to which we exemplify our vision and fulfil our mission.
Contact information can be found on our Customer Service page.