Illness prevention: if you are coughing or sneezing and you feel sick, stay home.
The North Area Recovery Station (NARS) accepts household waste from the public, businesses, and private waste haulers, as well as, some recyclable materials, a full range of household hazardous (special) waste and some hard to handle items.
Secure Your Load! It's the law. Loads must be properly covered and secured.
NARS Construction and Delays is expected to last from spring 2023 to summer 2025.
Improvements will increase customer safety and traffic efficiency, and include: New Waste Tipping Building; new scales; ADA sidewalk improvements; and fire sprinkler improvements.
Recent site improvements include: new entrance upgrades; additional truck scales; visitor restroom parking; and new right turn exit onto Roseville Road.
In 2020, NARS processed an average of 1200 tons of recyclables, trash, yard waste, and construction debris from the public. An average of 900 vehicles per day visited the facility. Thank you for your patience!
4450 Roseville Road, North Highlands, CA 95660 - View us on Google Maps
Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day
Fees & Payments:
The North Area Recovery Station accepts cash, credit card, or checks. Businesses may apply for an account with Sacramento County by contacting Sacramento County's
Consolidated Utilities Billing Service (CUBS) at (916) 875-5555.
The North Area Recovery Station is permitted to accept household waste from the public, businesses, and private waste haulers. This facility also accepts some recyclable materials and some hard to handle materials. Customers are not required to be residents of Sacramento County. There is a
household hazardous waste facility located on this site but has different operating days and hours. For more information on waste acceptability, you can view the fees listed above, use the "How do I get rid of" feature in the information box, or view our Solid Waste Acceptance Policy.
- All loads delivered to the North Area Recovery Station must be covered or secured ((California State Vehicle Code Sections 23114. (a) and 23115. (a))
- Do not remove tarps until you reach the tipping area. This prevents littering onsite.
- Stop at the scale house to pay required fees.
- Follow signs for Recovery Station tipping area or recycling areas.
- Drop off recyclable material in designated areas only.
- Customers must onload all materials as directed by Recovery Station staff.
- Drop off all other waste in the refuse tipping area as directed by staff