Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Drop-off Centers

Don't put Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) in the trash! Use the map above ​and your address to find the nearest free Household Hazardous Waste drop-off – it's that easy! Along with the location and hours, click each pin on the map to also find what's accepted – such as, paint, antifreeze, gasoline, chemicals, pesticides, batteries, fluorescent/CFL bulbs, and many other accepted HHW items. 

Four drop off centers in Sacramento County are able to handle Household Hazardous Waste from residents. Download our Household Hazardous Waste Free Drop-Off br​​ochu​re for additional information.​

  • NORTH: North Area Recovery Station's Household Hazardous Waste Facility 
    Sacramento County operates an HHW collection center located at the County's Recovery Station for residents and businesses.  Businesses who qualify as Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQGs) must make an appointment by calling (916) 876-9458 to bring hazardous waste materials and must pay fees for VSQG depending on material type. ​For more information, call 311 or email sacgreenteam​@sacc​​.

  • Southeast: Kiefer Landfill's Special Waste Facility accepts antifreeze, batteries, oils, paints (ABOP) and limited other wastes​

    Sacramento County operates an ABOP facility located at the County's Kiefer Landfill for residents. Businesses who qualify as Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQGs) must make an appointment by calling (916) 876-9458 to bring hazardous waste materials and must pay fees for VSQG ​depending on material type. For more information, call 311 or email​.

  • Central: Sacramento R​ecycling and Transfer Station (SRTS)
    The City of Sacramento operates an HHW collection center at the Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station (SRTS) for residents and businesses. Businesses who qualify as Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQGs) must make an appointment to bring hazardous waste materials and must pay fees depending on material type. For more information about these programs, visit their web site

  • South: Elk Grove Special Waste Collection​ Center
    The City of Elk Grove operates a Special Waste Collection Center at their Elk Grove Special Waste Collection Center Facility for residents and businesses. Businesses who qualify as Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQGs) must make an appointment to bring hazardous waste materials and must pay fees dep​ending on material types. They accept HHW, tires, sharps, and unused medications. A Reuse Room is onsite for household items including paint, cleaners, pool supplies, and clean wood. This facility also accepts recyclables. For more information about this facility, visit their web site​

  • Placer County / Roseville: The We​stern Placer Waste Management Authority (WPWMA) accepts HHW for free from residents of western Placer County and the cities of Colfax, Auburn, Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville, and Town of Loomis. ​Residents of Unincorporated Sacramento County may also drop off HHW at the WPWMA's facility for free. The WPWMA's HHW facility is open every day from 8 am - 5 pm (except major holidays).  Businesses qualifying as Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQGs)​ must make an appointment and pay a fee. For a complete list of acceptable items and information on free HHW curbside pickup programs for Placer County residents, visit​ their​​ we​bsite.

Never Miss Your Curbside Collection Again. DownLoad the App image. 

Never miss your curbside collection day!​  The app is available to download in the app stores for both Apple and Android devices.​​

Apple App Store Image  Google Play